Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tile, tile and more tile

We are tiling. And well, I thought it would take a few days. HA! Here we are at week three and well, still tiling! I am trying to think what has happened over the past few weeks???
Well, I do know who are true friends are and who are true family is: Ken and Cari Donaldson and Ed trouy. We love you guys! and we OWE you so big! LOL! My kids think that we are related to Lotus, Joachem, and Gabriel. Everyday I have to try to convince Benjamin that they are not his siblings, nor his cousins. But they are our family, truly.
Having a large family sometimes puts a strain on our "real" families. Since I am on this side of the fence I have a hard time seeing the other, but I do know it is hard on all of them at times. So a lot of the time we create an extended family, made up of friends, who are curiously drawn to us. When I was pregnant with Jarrod I worked at The Children's Place clothing store. THere was a little old lady who was a manager for a few weeks while the store got set up. I hadn't told my mom about being pregnant with the fourth (gasp!) For those of you who do not know the whole story about my mom, she was less than enthusiastic about each and every baby we have ever had. But this little woman at my work gave me the best, worst truth anyone has ever given me..... ready? ..... she said, " Even your family will turn you away, IF you follow HIM." It was heart wrenching. I would have to give up my family to have our family. And to some extent it is true. We are never invited over because there are too many of us.
I don't knwo what we would do with out our larger extended family. There are those of you who have taken us in as your own. To you all, I thank you. You have taught my children that family does not always mean blood and that being accepted by others can be as good as being with family. If we could have picked our family we would have picked you! Thank you, thank you thank you!

12 comments:

brian said...

Oh,come on Ms.Kim!Last posting July 5? With all those wonderful kids of yours,SOMETHING must be happening to post!After all,if Cari dosen't post anything after a 5 day span,she catches hell from us!I think your tile job is done by now,right?Take care and God bless Brian From TN

Unknown said...

JOAQUIN

JOAQUIN

JOAQUIN

C'mon, like it's HARD to remember. Duh.

Unknown said...

SLACKER- POST SOMETHING NEW!

brian said...

See,I told you that you would catch hell from someone!

Unknown said...

MY DAD IS TOTALLY STALKING YOUR BLOG!

Give him something worthwhile to stalk, woman!

brian said...

Hey,Donaldson!!!Go watch Gladiator,or something.Intrest in the blog is NOT stalking!So there! I guess I told you!

judy said...

Well, as my daughter and my husband seem to be the ones stalking you (as evidenced by all their comments), I thought I would add my two cents worth. My definition of family/friends is: Who could I call at 3 a.m and know they would be there for me? Doesn't have to be related by blood, just by love...

Unknown said...

What the HELL are you doing, woman? I've been to your house enough times to know you can nurse AND poke around on the computer.

Get to blogging.

brian said...

YOU GO,GIRL!!!!!!!!That Donaldson chick is a terror!!!!!

Kim Trouy said...

you would think my tile job was done, but you would be mistaken... you see having the 11 kids + 1 husband and the 3 kids + 2 friend adults over to help tile also causes a bit of clean up work and interuptions....So, we are almost through, but not quite!

Anonymous said...

Cari has a direct link to your blog - so from the Mother In Law - family is who you choose, relatives are who you get stuck with! I'm not having such a good day with my biological mother either. Melanie from TX

Kim Trouy said...

i love all you guys. I have laughed so hard I cried tonight. thank you. I am so rich!

Madonna of the streets

Madonna of the streets
This is my favorite Mary, well besides the one at Pam Demato's house.