Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Huge Compliment

My nephew gave me the biggest compliment on my children tonight. He and his wife, Melinda, came for dinner (see Jen they used the coupon). And Kyle and Alex were on the computer while we hung out and talked. I asked them both several times to help out or get the baby and Jimmy asked me what we did to make them both want to be around us.
To give you a little history, Jimmy was not real happy as a teen at home. He would come to my house to get away. And as most of you know he is not a kid friendly kind of guy.
Jimmy said that he was itching at 15 to get out. And here Kyle is with no fleating desires. Jimmy was grounded from 15-18. And he realizes that Kyle and Alex are hardly ever in trouble and are always willing, for the most part, to help out.
Anyway, it was just nice that someone who is against homeschooling realizes that there are benefits to it and can see what is in the "pudding."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would expect nothing less from a man I've dubbed Gasoline Jimmy.

Hey- if he and Melinda ever get around to having kids, I'm calling the first born "Little Gasoline"

Madonna of the streets

Madonna of the streets
This is my favorite Mary, well besides the one at Pam Demato's house.