Wednesday, October 22, 2008

She Knows...

My mom knows we are expecting. It is out. No more tip toeing around. Thank God. it is so hard to have to put off telling your mother such great news knowing she is going to be horrible.
But I have to say, that thanks to Jen, my mom took it very well. And I did not get even one, "it's your red wagon, you have to roll it." comment! It only took 16 years, 13 pregnancies, and lots of prayers for her to get it. She wasn't ecstatic, but she was pleasant.
I wish she could have shared in the joy of the other 12, but she had to learn or accept. There was one other time that she was happy for me and she was almost dead then, so....maybe she is about to die? Well that would be horrible, for me.
Okay, enough for now, I am exhausted. And I look like crap. I look like i have 11 children and am pregnant! woo!

6 comments:

Kris said...

When my bil told his mom that his wife was expecting #3 I remember her retelling it to Paul and me...she said, "you'd be so proud of me, I didn't react at all, I just walked out of the room and sat on the stairs!" Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it is always hard for me to tell our families. Last time (the one I lost) my mom just looked at us and said, "you're so old, are you okay with it?" Some people just don't get it!

Jen James said...

I paid your mom 20 bucks to behave.

judy said...

There is always hope for us old folks...

brian said...

Old is only a state of mind.According to Cari she sometimes thinks her Dad acts like 10 year old.And don't even ask Judy! Does embronic count?

judy said...

Kim, is that baby going to be born before you post again?? Just giving you a hard time; congratulations by the way!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
You said in your blog that you have 11 kids, but I think you forgot to count your husband! Dad has 11-- Mom has 12.
Kim I'm so glad you sent us a link to your blog. You don't know how tempted I am to throw the kids in the car and drive down to see you guys! I still don't know how you do it!?!? We only have 5 and I haven't figured it out yet how to manage it all. The crazy thing is that I want more babies!! Love you guys. Please tell all the kids I said hi. Ben, Logan and Simon don't know us but that's ok.

Madonna of the streets

Madonna of the streets
This is my favorite Mary, well besides the one at Pam Demato's house.