Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Having Father Ben over

We had Father Ben Bradshaw over this weekend. He is such a dear and sweet man. When I started cooking the side dishes for our meal, our can opener broke. And I thought, hmmm? Satan is after us, but no biggie. And we bought a new one and dinner went very smoothly. We retired to the library for coffee and went to turn on our floor light, which literally, burst into flames~ fire, coming out of the top of the lamp.
Father is calling on God and saying quick small prayers. I too am calling on God, but in a more turrets kind of way. A little embarrassing, but hopefully he was too preoccupied with the fire to notice my potty mouth and taking God's name in vain.
The next day, the stove went out and one burner on the stove top! ugh!

Ben says we can never have a priest over again.

4 comments:

Jen James said...

LOLOL. The stove and oven were for your potty-mouth in front of a preist....lolol

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!! That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Gosh I miss you!!!

Kris said...

This is too funny! Although you are much stronger than I! We've not had a priest over for dinner in YEARS. Mainly because I am too worried about how my kids might act, but also because I don't like mirrors being held up to me ;(

CuzLilBit said...

Hilarous! You didn't give me the whole story, but glad you left out the Satan attacks...E.

Madonna of the streets

Madonna of the streets
This is my favorite Mary, well besides the one at Pam Demato's house.