Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fabric

I went with Cari today to the Fabric Store... a new adventure to me. After I got there and had a small heart attack over prices that were "1/2 off" I just browsed. I had no idea people spent that much money on fabric. I personally, go to walmart. Yes, yes I am the queen of cheap, but really.... flannel for $10 a yard?!!! My cheap walmart flannel at $1 a yard will do just fine and keep us quite snug. But alas, I am a redneck.

11 comments:

judy said...

Quilt store fabric runs $8-10 per yard. It has to do with thread count, wearability and washability.Yes, I shop at quilt stores, but I also buy from Wally World...

Unknown said...

I almost had a heart attack over the 25 dollar latch hook animals my kids wanted me to buy them.....hmmmm...I'm trying to remember who it was who encouraged that....do you remember, Kim?

Anonymous said...

Better watch your Wally World stores, the ones here are no longer carrying fabric. You can get some really good deals when your store starts clearing it out however.

judy said...

Kim, Kim, Kim...it has been 10 days, what have you been doind slacker girl??

judy said...

oops, that was supposed to say "doing" not "doind"...you can tell I wasn't home schooled.

brian said...

Uh ooh.Me thinks the Cartwright/Donaldson clan guilt squad is starting to kick in because of a blog not being updated.

brian said...

Where are you Kim?

Unknown said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRING!
Where's the exciting new posts?

brian said...

Looks like Kim isn't hearing you Cari.

Unknown said...

She's just chicken. Coah-c'coah, coah-c'coah.
(see my post from September 3rd for reference)

Unknown said...

That would be MY post, on MY blog, which is updated REGULARLY-
http://clan-donaldson.blogspot.com

Madonna of the streets

Madonna of the streets
This is my favorite Mary, well besides the one at Pam Demato's house.